Grow for Us
Thank you for your interest in the Co-op!
Sandhills Farm to Table Co-op serves as a connection between farmers and artisans and consumers in the Sandhills area. The SF2T Co-op is more than just another market; it's a community coming together over food needs.
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Products that can be offered through SF2T:
- Beginning in 2020, we bagan requiring our farmers to carry a GAP (good agricultural practices) Certificate. We operate in a GAP certified facility and all produce that comes through must also be GAP or Harmonized GAP. Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) audits are voluntary audits that verify that fruits and vegetables are produced, packed, handled, and stored to minimize risks of microbial food safety hazards. Read more about this here: https://www.ams.usda.gov/services/auditing/gap-ghp
- Produce, Pastured Meats, Dairy, Baked goods, Honey, Herbs, Flowers and Plants, Prepared goods, Value-added products (i.e. jams, jellies, salsa, etc.)
Ag products must be “local” meaning:
1) Ag products grown in Moore County or the 8 contiguous counties (preferred)
2) Ag products not grown in these 9 counties, then a County contiguous to them (if needed)
3) Ag products not available in either of the above (e.g. seafood), then an agreeable
Value added products
1) Made in the “local” area as defined for Ag products
2) Made by a vendor who agrees in writing to using local ingredients to the extent possible, and demonstrates this commitment in their actions.
3) Made from local ingredients, to the extent possible - recognized exceptions where ingredient cannot be local (coffee roasted locally), or is not currently available locally.
You can offer your fresh produce in our Produce Boxes or value-added products through our Online Artisanal Market.
Our signature Produce Boxes: New producers usually start as a fill-in and backup, and may grow into principal suppliers over time. Niche or unusual items of sufficient quantity are also a good way to start, but as we grow we see areas for expansion - several current niches exist now. For example, members would like some organic produce, and we’d like to highlight anyone transitioning to USDA certification. Or, there are crops we’d love to include in the box that no one is currently growing like plums, pears, figs.
Online Artisanal Market: An offering of a wide variety of value-added products and specialty produce. A perfect outlet for items such as grass-fed beef, goat cheese, baked goods, jams, honeys, salsas, bulk produce for canning, pickles and other value-added products. Members order from items listed in the Online Market, and the products are delivered to Pick Up Site of your choice.
We will promote your products by giving the consumers information about you and your farm.
Please email email@example.com for further information on how to sell through the co-op!